Monday, June 20, 2011

Delight in the Lord...

I am sure you know the rest of that verse. "Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalms 37:4
I have based almost all my prayers on this verse and it wasn't until last night that the truth of this hit me!  I would smile in my prayers and then say, "Lord, I desire to sell my house, I desire to have a part time job, I desire to help grow the women's ministry at my church.....
Well, I just thought those were the desires of my heart! I was challenged last night to peel the onion! Now my heart's desire is not any of these...let's look at my heart's desire....
House: sell house....want more room, want to host more events, want my husband to come home earlier, want to be closer to target.....
I wanted a part time job when I was working full time.  My desire was never to work part time but, to stay at home with my children so that I could teach them in my ways/God's ways!  That was my hearts desire. I wanted away from the stress, I wanted to be a better mother and wife and my heart knew that if I had a job that gave me more flexibility I would do that! 

I want the women's ministry to grow, not because I want more friends but, I want women to feel connected and know Christ! I truly desire for the women of our church to know Christ more.  If they know Christ more their kids will know Christ more.  It is a win win!  Connected in and with Christ!

So my prayers have changed...not only in that way but in many other ways that I will be blogging about.  The study that has pricked my heart to really be in prayer and study is Live a Praying Life by Jennifer Kennedy Dean.  It is literally rocking my world. 

With my previous experiences with God's Word, I am mixing up a recipe that is really challenging me to be redefined in my prayer life.

No comments:

Post a Comment